commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlshipli...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [Hivemind] Tapestry/HttpSession service
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:13:29 GMT
I'm just looking forward to collaborating on this on a wiki.

I think there are some good ideas coming out:

Replacing free-form interceptors with interceptor sets (bypassing concerns about interceptor
order).
Hopefully, the Orderable interface can go away.

Making schemas, and portions of schemas, more reusable. I have some concerns, to be saved
for later.

Previous discussions wanted to address how the Registry was constructed; perhaps having a
META-INF/hiveboot.xml that is used to control and configure the RegistryBuilder and ModuleParser?

More work to make it possible to easily add modules to the registry that come from more disparate
places (databases, non-XML files, etc.).

However, to me, the most exciting stuff is starting to integrate HiveMind with Hibernate,
JMX, JDBC,
iBatis, JMS, etc., etc., etc., etc.!

Need to check if any of the LGPL restrictions are lifted with the ASL 2.0.  It would be nice
to have
Hibernate (LGPL) integrated with HiveMind as a core package, rather than an external add-on,
much as
Swing does.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship