commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: moving JAM to org.apache.jam
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:29:20 GMT
VERY QUICK REPLY:

Looks interesting.

Some more issues to keep in mind:

 + There are users of C-A out there: Spring Framework
(www.springframework.org)
   is one of them. This means that we can't just replace C-A with JAM.
   Even though it is in sandbox, going from one API to another isn't the
   proper way to ever get out of sandbox.

 + There are users of JAM out there: XMLBeans, for one.
   This means that we can't just replace JAM with C-A.
   Even though it is in incubator, going from one API to
   another isn't theproper way to ever get out of incubator.

 + The two APIs are quite different in their approach.

But let's try a merge anyway.

I'm up for it.

/LS