commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [collections] ReferenceMap changed for WeakIdentityMap but now broken
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:01:38 GMT
I altered ReferenceMap to extend AbstractHashedMap, which seems to be
possible to do in a backwards compatable way (prior to looking at crreating
a WeakIdentityMap as per recent requests). The new version is attached.

However, the new version doesn't seem to work, as in the 'reference'
(weak/soft) aspect seems to have got broken in my changes. (The test cases
suceed on the old code, but fail on the new code, including the commented
out test cases)

 I can't spot the problem, so I'm posting it in case someone else wants to
take a look and tell me my stupid mistake ;-)

Stephen