commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] comma delimited properties
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:31:39 GMT
"Emmanuel Bourg" <ebourg@micropole-univers.com> wrote in message
news:200402251024.LAA29028@vertigo-back.micropole.com...
> I agree, i noticed this issue last month and suggested a patch :
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg33704.html
>
> Basically it adds a setSplitString(boolean) method in the
> AbstractConfiguration class that enable or disable property splitting.

Yes. Thought about that too, but I was wondering if it was really judicious
to start adding such kind of methods here.

Plus it does not really solve the problem at all because we can have various
properties in the same subset that may need to be handled differently and
I'm not sure it is the way to go to do isSplitString()/setSplitString() in
retrieving properties. Think about this:

ldap.java.naming.provider.url=ldap://server:390/ou=something,o=else,c=here
ldap.someproperty=this,is,a,real,list,of,values

Stephane