commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject Re: [vote] Separate Directory for Commons Project files
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:28:57 GMT
> This change would require the project.xml's for each project in both the
> jakarta-commons and jakarta-commons-sandbox to have its extends tag
> adjusted and any relative references to "commons-site" files adjusted.

Well, I am not supposed to give a vote, but I want to remark that such a
structure will also allow you to define external global entities in your
(Maven) xml files, that can be inherited from the global commons-site
project and you might write later on something like:

<!ENTITY  dep-commons-logger-SNAPSHOT  SYSTEM
<!ENTITY  dep-commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT  SYSTEM

You might do this also for developers or anything else, e.g. in our local
project we split the site.jsl in this way:

So you might gain a lot more with the new structure as originally thought :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message