commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [digester][PROPOSAL] named stacks
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:01:36 GMT
At 10:23 PM +0000 2/26/04, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>a simple hashmap (allowing named objects) has been proposed as a
>solution to the problem of communication. i feel that named stacks
>provide all the functionality that a named object would provide (one
>rule pushes an object onto a particular stack, the other peeks at
>it) but also allows more complex communication helpful when
>processing deeply nested tags.

I think this is a good solution, especially if you have a use case
for the more complicated situation and an itch to code it.  I agree
that named stacks provide all the functionality, especially if
someone hides the details behind a couple of handy standard rules.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com