commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [general] Maven 'LATEST-RELEASE' tag suggestion
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:12:54 GMT

I've been playing a little with multiproject stuff on a personal project
[http://www.osjava.org/genjava] and one problem I hit is the classic one
where I have a new component to release but I have to rebuild the whole
site to get the navigation updated. At the same time, I don't want to
rebuild the whole site as other components may not be ready for their
xdocs, source-xref, javadoc and test-xref to be updated when it's not
their released version. We have the same problem in Commons.

I think I'm going to solve it by having a LATEST-RELEASE tag in CVS, that
I move for each compoennt on each new release. The site is always built
from LATEST-RELEASE, and when I release a new component I 'cvs tag -F'
that with the LR tag.

While I've not played with it yet, it feels like a good solution, so
thought I'd suggest it here.

Hen