commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Relicensing to the Apache License 2.0 ?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:01:51 GMT

The policy as far as I know is:

All releases after March 1st must use Apache License 2.0.

No agreement is needed as the only copyright holders to the ASF version of
the source is the ASF. While people retain copyright to their submissions,
they retain the copyright to their copy and not to the ASF copy.

It might be different for say ASF-members who have not signed the CLA, but
I would expect committers who have not signed the CLA to be the same as a
contributor.

IANAL etc. Just passing on what I've seen said, which could be wrong for
all I know.

Hen