commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmücker <joerg.schmuec...@ekkono.com>
Subject [collections] Implementation of List with a tree
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:04:46 GMT
Hi,

We just discovered commons collections, and are replacing a lot of our stuff
with your classes.  Thanks!

We have implemented a list based on a tree which allows insertion in log n
and access in log n.  This means it is not as slow as an ArrayList for the
insertion of elements anywhere but at the end of the list, and not as slow
as LinkedList for locating an element.  But not as fast as LinkedList with
insertion at the end.  It uses an AVL-Tree and offsets to accomplish that.
I would like to contribute it.  How should I go forward?

Cheers

	Joerg

--

Jörg Schmücker
ekkono GmbH

Dinow 3.0 ist da!
Unsere sichere Peer-to-Peer-Groupware erleichtert die Kommunikation im
Unternehmen und über Unternehmensgrenzen hinweg. Besuchen Sie unsere Website
und informieren Sie sich über die kostenfreie Dinow 3.0 Personal Edition.

http://www.ekkono.com/deutsch/indexcontent_download.htm

Dinow 3.0 is ready!  Our secure peer-to-peer platform enables communication
inside and across organizations.  Please visit our website and download
Dinow 3.0 Personal Edition free of charge.

http://www.ekkono.com/english/indexcontent_download.htm