commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [beanutils] [PROPOSAL] create optional package
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:19:39 GMT

On 18 Feb 2004, at 22:39, David Graham wrote:

> --- robert burrell donkin <> wrote:
>> we've talked before about removing the dependency of beanutils on
>> collections. there are two parts to this, the first is to come up with
>> a solution to the issue of fasthashmap,
> FastHashMap states that it's not completely portable across JVM
> implementations which, IMO, means it (or similarly implemented Maps)
> shouldn't be used.  Using a standard HashMap would be better.

craig said something similar.

there are a few other related issues. i'd prefer to factor out the
storage from BeanUtilsBean into a separate pluggable register. i'd also
like to remove (or deprecate) the registration methods from the static
interface. but this probably needs a little thinking and talking about

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message