commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Wishlist 1.0 (was RE: Release schedule for Jelly)
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:54:21 GMT
On 3-Feb-04, at 17:39 Uhr, Manfred Riem wrote:

> 1. Better documentation on how to do command line running
>    without the need of building in Maven.
>
> 2. Packaging of the JAR files with the binary distribution
>    of Jelly 1.0.

Well.. here's an approach of a solution.
Sorry I got stuck with this project, I wanted this to eat a jelly
file... but then it would have made jelly depend on one of its taglibs
which was great nonsense to me (this is mostly a limitation of maven...
we have no bootstrap for jelly like maven has).

The approach of solution is to update to the latest status of jelly and
run:

  maven pack-fat-jar -DtagLibs=bla,bla,bla

where bla,bla,bla is a comma-separated list of taglib-names which you
wish to see packed. You are assumed to have run "maven
jar:install-snapshot" in each of these directories and in the
jelly-home.

You then get a jar called target/jellypack.jar which you can run using

java -jar jellypack.jar myJelly.jelly

For example, the following just worked for me:

maven pack-fat-jar -DtagLibs=xml,util,swing
java -jar target/jellypack.jar
jelly-tags/swing/src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/demos/
homepageBuilder.jelly

Thanks to test!

paul