commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Indexed/Mapped DynaProperty
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:43:17 GMT
i think that the issue is that though the property acts like a map,
there is actually no guarantee that it will actually be backed by a
map. a DynaBean is quite at liberty to use something different - for
example, instances of an enumeration class.

that's why i think an addition to the API would be needed which would
allow the underlying implementation to be supply the information
required.

- robert