commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils] [PROPOSAL] create optional package
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:54:11 GMT
On 22 Feb 2004, at 23:03, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> Quoting robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>:

<snip>

>> i'd prefer to use a maven-friendly subdirectory called 'optional' with
>> commons/beanutils with a complete maven-friendly directory structure.
>> for distribution, we create a beanutils-optional.jar but include that
>> within the main distribution (in a similar way to ant).
>
> So, this would be beanutils/src/optional to parallel
> beanutils/src/java?  And
> the package name on the classes would stay the same?  If so, +1.

with maven, i think that it'd probably be easier to organize the files
thus:

beanutils -- src/java/org/apache/commons/...

           -- optional -- src/java/org/apache/commons/...

and have a subsidary project.xml file in the optional directory. (the
ant build script can easily work either way.) but i'll need to give it
a try first. since the response seems to be generally positive, i'll
have a play sometime soonish so that i can come back with something
more solid.

and yes, we can keep the same package name :)

- robert