commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Change Commons Nav to Collapsed?
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:34:54 GMT
hi eric

this has been discussed before and the consensus was that the
collapsable menus would be the best solution. the issue is that some
maven work is needed to make them work. (just setting them to
collapsable does nothing useful since the collapsable feature is
designed to work with maven generated documentation.)

one suggestion was to create (or amend) a maven plugin so that these
would be generated automagically. dIon volunteered to take a look at
this a while ago but he's busy and AFAIK there's no results from that
as yet.

i happened to be chatting with trygve about this (on maven IRC) and he
has come up with a new plan (which sounds easier than the original). we
create shared xml files and add them into the documentation builds.
this sounds like it should make the collapsable thing work but someone
needs to step up and create the files and (probably) do a little jelly
magic. ATM i'm busy working on piping betwixt into JaxME (the apache
JAXB implementation) so i don't have the time to do it right now. i
hope to find time sometime sooner rather than later but there's a lot
of stuff stacked up for me right now. so i'd be glad if a volunteer
stepped up to give this plan a go.

- robert