commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] relicensing to apache2.0
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:38:04 GMT
On 28 Feb 2004, at 05:38, Henri Yandell wrote:

> The Java version in the committers/ doesn't strip out @author. Just in
> case you want to avoid having to change this now.

that'd be good. i think that simon's suggestions sounds like a good
idea but it'd give us a little more time to think if we don't need to
change just yet.

one day soon (probably once the betwixt branch is merged into HEAD) i'm
going to go through and change all my @author tags to credit the ASF
instead. (i'm not really trying to push other folks into doing this,
just stating my intentions.)

>> So I would like to add the following @authors to the contributors
>> section of the project.xml file:
>>   * David H. Martin   [initial xmlrules  implementation]
>>   * Henri Chen  [patches to xmlrules]
>>   * Janek Bogucki [patch to SetTopRule]
>>   * Mark Huisman [created ObjectParamRule]
>>   * Paul Jack

fine

>> The following @authors should probably go into the developers section:
>>   * Jean-Francois Arcand
>>   * Christopher Lenz
>>   * Ted Husted
>>   * Stephen Colebourne

i'm happy to add these somewhere but we might want to ask christopher
and ted if they want to be credited as contributors or as developers
(since being listed as a developer leads to private emails).

>> I am aware of the following people who have provided patches but were
>> not explicitly @authors. I would like to add them to the contributors
>> too:
>>  * Anton Maslovsky [xmlrules ObjectParamRule support]
>>  * Matt Cleveland [patch to SetTopRule]

seems reasonable

>> Remy Maucherat is a commons developer who recently contributed many
>> ideas to what eventually became the "substitution" module. Should he
>> be
>> added as a developer or contributor?

usually, it's only concrete contributions that are credited in this
way. we should probably ask him (see comments above).

>> And I'd also like to add myself as a Developer.

fine :)

- robert