commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [beanutils] [PROPOSAL] create optional package
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:19:39 GMT
we've talked before about removing the dependency of beanutils on
collections. there are two parts to this, the first is to come up with
a solution to the issue of fasthashmap, the second is what to do about
BeanPropertyValueChangeClosure, BeanPropertyValueEqualsPredicate and
BeanToPropertyValueTransformer.

i'd like to propose that we solve the second problem by a home for
optional classes with non-core dependencies and move these classes into
it.

i'd prefer to use a maven-friendly subdirectory called 'optional' with
commons/beanutils with a complete maven-friendly directory structure.
for distribution, we create a beanutils-optional.jar but include that
within the main distribution (in a similar way to ant).

comments please :)

- robert