commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@ags.uni-sb.de>
Subject Re: [math] Re: Getting started questions
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:31:11 GMT
Ah, this question is interesting.

I recently removed the dependency on the ../project.xml in Jelly
because I think checking out a module should produce free-standing
things.
Before being a commons-committer, I always patched the project.xml so
as to get rid of the project inheritance (which is only for a handful
of ownership information for the website anyways).

How would it be with an http URL instead of relative URL ? Wouldn't
that solve it?
Or why not have, in each commons-project directory a file like
"jakarta-commons-common-project.xml" being copies this one ?
(the same should be true for properties).

Also, why do you need jakarta-commons/xdocs/

I think there's a limit to duplication prevention...

paul