commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: [net] Unit and functional tests
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:24:56 GMT
said:

> Hello, As part of project for a college class I'm taking, I am
> writing a series of unit tests and functional tests for two of the
> components of the Commons Net project.  I intend to submit any tests
> I write to Bugzilla.  Hopefully someone will have the time to review
> them and submit them if they are acceptable.

Welcome.  The commons/net project could use some functional tests.
I'd prefer that you post the code on the -dev list and not in
bugzilla.  Save that for bugs.  ( that is of course only *my* opinion
).

> Question: 1. I would like to work on tests for the POP3 and SMTP
> components but I do not want to duplicate someone else's work.  Is
> anyone working on tests for these components?

Not that I know of, have at it!

> 2. Assuming that I do work on these components, should I use RFC 821
> (SMTP) and RFC 1939 (POP3) as guidelines?

Sure.  Providing a way to test locally ( i.e. not requiring the
internet ) would be nice.