commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundb...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: [logging] Current Status and Release Planning
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:41:00 GMT
I've been diffing the 1.0.3 release and the nightly from 20040229. I
thought that I would try the Lumberjack logging, but I can't see how it
could possibly work. Here's a code snippet from LogFactoryImpl:

/**
  * Is <em>JDK 1.3 with Lumberjack</em> logging available?
  */
protected boolean isJdk13LumberjackAvailable() {
   try {
     loadClass("java.util.logging.Logger");
     loadClass("org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk13LumberjackLogger");
     return (true);
   } catch (Throwable t) {
     return (false);
   }
}

In a pre 1.4 environment the line
     loadClass("java.util.logging.Logger");
is going to throw an exception, isn't it? I mean all the Lumberjack
classes are in the com.redstarhacker.lumberjack package.

On another note the version-numbers in build.xml and project.xml should
be changed to 1.0.4 before the release.

--
Dennis Lundberg