commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundb...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: [logging] work needed for 1.0.4 [WAS Re: [logging] Are we ready for 1.0.4?]
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:37:48 GMT
Here is a status for bugs regarding logging:

#10818 [logging] Add method enter() and exit() methods to public Log API
#21114 [logging] Create Log factory method getLog()
- These involve changing the public API, so it's not something we can do
in a point release. Should these be marked as LATER in bugzilla?

#25156 [logging] Enhance error message for
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log"
- This seems to me to be similar to #26598

#25940 [logging] SimpleLog.java adds extra - characters
- This one's mine. There is a patch available for this one that is
pretty starightforward. The format of the log message needed some work.

#26598 [logging] org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl does not
provide enough information on an InvocationTargetException in the
newInstance() method.
- This is something that has to be decided on. It involves catching an
extra Exception to provide a better error-message. Code that shows how
to do it is available in the bugreport.

#27135 [logging] SimpleLog log method should defer writing for better reuse!
- This is something for the architects to decide. The key question here
is whether subclassing SimpleLog should be allowed.

Other things that needs to be done:

* I guess someone has to update all the files to the new licence.
* I proofread the mavenized user guide earlier from a syntactic
perspective. Someone should read it form the semantic perspective.

--
Dennis Lundberg