commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <>
Subject [logging] Are we ready for 1.0.4?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:18:56 GMT
What are the plans for upcoming releases of commons-logging?

The reason I'm asking is that we would like to start using
commons-logging in an applet environment. We plan on using the SimpleLog
implementation to minimize the size of the download to the client. The
current (1.0.3) release doesn't work in an untrusted applet. There is a
patch that fixes this problem already in cvs though.

There are currently 8 open bugs for commons-logging in bugzilla. Two of
them includes patches by yours truly (25940 and 27124). I think that 4
of the remaining bugs (26802, 25156, 26598, 27135) should also be
considered for a 1.0.4 release. However I don't yet feel confident
enough with the inner workings of commons-logging to make patches for them.

What are your thoughts on making a commons-logging 1.0.4 release?

Dennis Lundberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message