commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [all] maven artifacts
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:03:37 GMT
Yes, maybe a year too late, but better late than never.

The whole groupID/ArtifactId thing just really came into existence. I'm
not really convinced its stable yet... We are just now getting a
hierarchical globalized "site" build together. Eventually, it would be
nice to see these all in one place, but in terms of maven etal. its not
really that important that they all be in the same directory.

Theres alot of effort on many fronts to get a more "hierarchical" group
naming, but we are really waiting on Maven. In this regard, Jason really
recommended not changing any of the deployment groupId, ArtifactId's
until the new ASF Repository specification/Maven 2.0 gets stabilized and
planned. Changing it before then is going to create massive headaches
for projects using Maven.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory