commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [id] UUID update
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:08:48 GMT
Tim Reilly wrote:
> I'll be traveling until March 1st - so I won't have much access to respond
> to comments or question regarding this post until after next week. However,
> looking forward to your thoughts.

Alrighty then :-)

I will look at this stuff carefully this weekend, but one thing that
jumped out at me from your post above was that the "global lock" issue
might be avoidable by putting more into the node identifier, i.e., build
in a jvm identifier.  IIRC, this is essentially what tomcat when
generating session ids to avoid collisions across jvms on the same host.
Just something to think about.

Phil