commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [all] maven sites
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:14:39 GMT
Ok, this appears to work across the site as long as the
project.properties for each subproject contains

maven.xdoc.jsl=../commons-build/commons-site.jsl

It appears that even when the the project.xml extends
../commons-build/project.xml that the
../commons-build/project.properties are not included (bummer I was
really dependening on that for transparent behavior int he subprojects).
Maybe theres a way to link the project.properties together that I'm missing?

-Mark

Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> The first NPE was my fault for plaing ${basedir} before the jsl
> filename. After this though, there appear to be some Context parameters
> that are not set. This is a discrepancy I suspect between xdoc 1.4 and
> 1.5. My solution is to use the 1.4 site.jsl from the 1.4 xdoc plugin and
> just hardcode the path to the project.css in it for now.
>
> I'll be updating this shortly and testing it btwn the 1.4 and 1.5 xdoc
> plugins.
>
> -M.
>
> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>

>> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>>
>>> I tried doing a [convert] build with maven rc1 and the jsl failed with a
>>> NPE.
>>

>> I got it too, and havn't had time to track it down.
>>
>>> I don't have time to track it down ATM. Would it not be easier to copy
>>> the project.css into each commons project? Or add to the maven xml in
>>> each
>>> project to retrieve the latest version?
>>

>> It would be better to keep it global and use something like the
>> site.jsl/theme.css to tweek the L&F via overiding the
>> project.properties. It involves less replicated files/code. And the
>> L&F would look the same if the individual project built their site, or
>> it was generated from commons-build.
>>
>> I can get at the NPE with a little digging. Let me see what I can come
>> up with.
>>

>>> Stephen
>>>
>>> From: "Mark R. Diggory" <mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu>

Mark Diggory