commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [all] maven sites
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:26:12 GMT

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> I tried doing a [convert] build with maven rc1 and the jsl failed with a
> NPE.

I got it too, and havn't had time to track it down.

> I don't have time to track it down ATM. Would it not be easier to copy
> the project.css into each commons project? Or add to the maven xml in each
> project to retrieve the latest version?

It would be better to keep it global and use something like the
site.jsl/theme.css to tweek the L&F via overiding the
project.properties. It involves less replicated files/code. And the L&F
would look the same if the individual project built their site, or it
was generated from commons-build.

I can get at the NPE with a little digging. Let me see what I can come
up with.

> Stephen
>
> From: "Mark R. Diggory" <mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu>
>
>>and the follwoing line to project.properties
>>
>>maven.xdoc.jsl=${basedir}/commons-site.jsl
>>
>>this should default the site generation to use our jsl and theme.
>>
>>We can also add any "theme" customization (both tot he global site and
>>to any subprojects that want to create thier own customization)
>>
>>maven.xdoc.theme.url=...
>>
>>This will point to the actuall url of teh css on the web server.

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu