commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [all] maven sites
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:30:25 GMT
This should be placed into commons-build/xdocs/style/project.css which
will make it automatically included into the maven site generation.

As well, I've also added the following to commons-build

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/commons-build/commons-site.jsl

and the follwoing line to project.properties

maven.xdoc.jsl=${basedir}/commons-site.jsl

this should default the site generation to use our jsl and theme.

We can also add any "theme" customization (both tot he global site and
to any subprojects that want to create thier own customization)

maven.xdoc.theme.url=...

This will point to the actuall url of teh css on the web server.

-Mark

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I have added a project.css file to the common-build area. It can be used as
> a theme file or whatever, and should produce reasonably similar results
> using both the 1.4 and 1.5 xdoc plugin. (Getting a similar result is
> difficult as everything has changed and the combination of technologies just
> ain't fun)
>
> However, I should point out that the 1.5 plugin is buggy wrt tables on
> IE5.5.
>
> Stephen
>

>>>This may be a bit drastic, but commons could define its own site.jsl
>
> file
>
>>>(originally copied from the appropriate version of the xdoc plugin) and
>>>use the property
>>>
>>>maven.xdoc.jsl=.../commons-site.jsl
>>>

>>I would recommend we do this, but with the intention of switching over
>>to the "theme" property once the next release of Maven roles out.
>>
>>Basically this means copying the site.jsl off the maven xdoc cvs head
>>and using our own css to define our theme, once the next maven release
>>roles out. We can just drop our copy of the site.jsl and work
>>specifically with our themed css.

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center