commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Access to the underlying connection
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:00:20 GMT
Access to the underlying connection is only possible with the
BasicDaSource. You will have to change the DBCP code.

You could make ConnectionImpl extend DelegatingConnection just like
BasicDataSource does with PoolableConnection, but check with John
McNally for his views.

I think we should do a release at least every 6 months so that would
be end march/april. The only 2 outstanding bugs have patches.
If you can confirm that the problem is fixed then I will commit them.
I myself only use the BasicDataSource so I rely on the JUnit tests and
people like yourself to verify the correctness. (and test the
integration with torque, etc)

Dave Oxley wrote:

> A few questions:
> I am using the SharedPoolDataSource. The connections returned from the
> DataSource are facades to the actual connection. I need access to the
> underlying connection so that I can call a proprietary method on the
> connection to unlock it. Is there any way to do this or do I need to
> change the DBCP code? If I need to change the code has anyone got a
> recommended way of implementing this so that I can submit a patch back
> to you for inclusion.
> Also could you tell me when the patch attached to this bug will be
> implemented:
> Is there a release plan for 1.2? Can we expect a release before about
> July'ish?
> Cheers.
> Dave.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: