commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Move Commons projects below "Project Documentation" in Navigation
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:14:43 GMT

Martin Cooper wrote:

>>It looks like this feature is pretty new to the xdoc plugin cvs and not
>>currently in this release candidate. I suspect it will be in the next,
>>otherwise I can recommend that we upgrade all our xdoc plugin tot eh
>>latest release.
>

> It seems to me that this is, at least in part, why Maven has not even
> reached a 1.0 release, after it's been around, and been used, for so long.
> If they're adding new features in a release candidate, I don't have much
> confidence that there ever will be a 1.0 final release. ;-(
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

Hmm, but Maven itself hasn't changed, its the natural evolution of the
plugins alone. the xdoc and site plugins are naturally going to advance
in feature as more users provide input.

You can "upgrade" the plugins very easily in Maven, if anything this
flexibility makes Maven even stronger. I disagree with the comment about
a 1.0 release, the features in a specific plugin arn't going to define
or limit the release of Maven itself.

See my other post concerning how to upgrade the xdoc plugin with one
command line option.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory