commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alban Peignier <alban.peign...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] [id] Prefix, UUID and Host StringIdentifierGenerator
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:11:58 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

> I would suggest something more along the lines of a
> CompositeIdentifierGenerator that could wrap an array or list of
> IdentifierGenerators and use these to generate "composite" ids.  One
> example of this would be a CompositeStringIdentifierGenerator that
> uses concatenation to combine ids.  Another strategy might be
> concatenate, then hash, etc.

I started with the same idea .. I created a
ConstantStringIdentifierGenerator  .. and it looks very similar to the
functor API. Which is the difference between a
ConstantStringIdentifierGenerator and a ConstantStringGenerator ?

The IdentifierGenerator could be a child of the
functor.generator.Generator. In this case, all the functor API framework
would be available (constant, composite, ...)

--
Alban Peignier - alban.peignier@free.fr
http://www.tryphon.org/~alban