commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [math][patch] Bug 26772 patches resubmitted
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 04:51:08 GMT
Piotr,

Thanks, I applied the patches.  Here are some additional things that we
should clean up in EmpiricalDistribution, if you (or anyone else :-) have
more time and are interested in these things.

1. Either remove or implement the "not implemented yet" distribution
persistence methods.  I am ambivalent on these, maybe just supporting
serialization is enough.

2. Refactor the tests to test the double- and file- based loads more neatly.

3. Develop some sort of rationale for the test tolerances.  This is an
interesting mathstat problem.  I would ideally like to use statistical
tests (like elsewhere in the random package), but it is not obvious what
the right test or test parameters should be.

Phil