commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [all] commons-build directory now created (was Re: [vote] Separate Directory for Commons Project files)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:03:24 GMT
Ok, I copied the following contents to /jakarta-commons/commons-build

 >>> /jakarta-commons/xdocs
 >>> /jakarta-commons/project.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/navigation.vm
 >>> /jakarta-commons/maven.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/incl_nav.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/LICENSE.txt

The following contents will remain in the jakarta-commons directory
unless others suggest a better solution for them.

 >>> /jakarta-commons/.cvsignore
 >>> /jakarta-commons/BUILD_DOCS.txt
 >>> /jakarta-commons/LICENSE
 >>> /jakarta-commons/build.properties.sample
 >>> /jakarta-commons/build.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/charter.html

Now that I've done this, there are these steps left:

1.) Change all the project.xml files in all the projects to point to

   <extend>../commons-build/project.xml</extend>

2.) reconfigure any maven.xml and project.properties to be run from this
new location.

3.) Remove the original from this location:

 >>> /jakarta-commons/xdocs
 >>> /jakarta-commons/project.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/navigation.vm
 >>> /jakarta-commons/maven.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/incl_nav.xml
 >>> /jakarta-commons/LICENSE.txt

So, please, if your working on any of these files, do checkout the
/jakarta-commons/commons-build, verify you can edit it, and make any
future modifications there instead of in the jakarta-commons directory.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer