commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Sauer <msa...@convergys.com>
Subject [Validator] Need to validate one field at a time
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:14:02 GMT
I would like to be able to validate just a single field.  I am making
use of the validator framework via struts and I am now considering using
it to perform validation in a Swing application.  For a Swing app I
would like to validate each field as it loses focus.  In the 1.0.2
version of the validation framework the validateField method is
private.  In later versions I have noticed that this behavior is being
moved to the Field class but the methods appear to be package
protected.  Basically I would like to know if I am trying to do
something that the framework was never meant to and never will be able
to support.  Thanks.