commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <>
Subject Re: [math] Details on Cutting the release
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:59:27 GMT
Al Chou wrote:
> I guess the jar file distribution is for when you need to grab a library you
> already know you depend on, without getting anything else -- say, when you're
> installing an already-written app that depends on a jar, and that jar didn't
> come with the app.  That makes sense to me, I've certainly needed that sort of
> packaging enough times myself!
> Al

Exactly, and we will be providing documentation and source from the
JUnit tests and examples in the tar.gz/zip distributions so that if a
user is doing initial learning, exploration and development, then they
have a strong example base to work with. And still, in this case, we
want to keep that source separate from the packaged math jar provided or
built in those distributions.

Maybe, we can provide some "applets" that execute in the User Manual
documentation such that the user can see and play around with live
examples while reading the documentation on them. Any thoughts?

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center

To unsubscribe, e-mail: