commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Incorrect documentation of FTP task [net]
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:35:50 GMT

I wrote:
>wrapper and J2SE 1.4 autodetection, in which case I would hope the point
>would become moot since you'd have the desired functionality.  Although,

I need to edit my email before sending ...  Right, so the point wouldn't
be completely moot because the concern is the dependency on external
jars.  The tradeoff though, in this case, is writing your own wrapper
instead of using one provided by another package designed to support
this.  I believe promoting code reuse within Jakarta is a good thing, so
you know what my recommendation is.

I wrote:
>I think a desire for Commons Net to use a regex engine abstraction
>other than oro may be more of a perceptual issue than an engineering issue.

Scratch that.  This is really a packaging issue.  That is, how to package
and distribute ant tasks and their dependencies for ready use.

daniel