commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [digester] release (was attribute substitution/variable expansion)
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:38:59 GMT
Any chance the commons-collections usage can be removed for this release?  This was brought
up earlier and seemed to be supported.  The last I checked digester made a very minimal use
of commons-collections anyways.  Other packages using digester don't need collections and
it's a rather big dependency to carry around in addition to the recent 3.0 incompatible changes.

David

Simon Kitching <simon@ecnetwork.co.nz> wrote:
On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 04:52, Simon Kitching wrote:

> I only see *one* item as needing to be done prior to a release

Oh - and change the licence to version 2.0.

The email discussion about "permission to relicense" has died away.
I saw Craig's email saying it was ok, but nothing from the ASF
officially. If necessary, I could grep out all the @author tags and
check against the ASF contributors list....

I saw a few links to apps for auto-changing the license text. I'm happy
to do chase these down, run them & commit the updates unless there are
objections, or someone else prefers to do this.