commons-dev mailing list archives

From Al Chou <hotfusion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [math] Details on Cutting the release
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:47:17 GMT
--- "Mark R. Diggory" <mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu> wrote:
[deletia]

> *jar release* (jar)
>
> > Archive:  commons-math-0.1-dev.jar
[deletia]

> So the jar has no tests and no experimental code within it.
>

> Any Comments?
>
> -Mark

Sorry to chime in so late, but my preference would be to include the tests no
matter which release package it is.  They serve as examples of using the code,
even if one decided to suspect them as a validation of the correctness of the
code (which is up to the individual user).  I know that may seem to hybridize
all release packages, but if it were standard to include test source with all
our release packages, it maybe wouldn't seem like they were hybrids as much as
it would be just an additional form of documentation.

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou