commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] relicensing to apache2.0
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:19:11 GMT
On 29 Feb 2004, at 02:21, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 03:38, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> one day soon (probably once the betwixt branch is merged into HEAD)
>> i'm
>> going to go through and change all my @author tags to credit the ASF
>> instead. (i'm not really trying to push other folks into doing this,
>> just stating my intentions.)
>
> I thought the consensus was that @author should go completely.
>
> Given that every file has an ASF copyright, it doesn't seem necessary
> me to have @author "The ASF community" or similar.

i quite like the aesthetics of the tag, to me the javadocs look a
little bare without it. (but that's possible not a good enough reason
to keep it.)

having an author tag with something like "The ASF Jakarta Project"
linked to our home page would have some utility since the tag is
clearly visible in the javadocs (unlike the copyright notice) and would
take newbies straight to the place where the code is supported.

but maybe that's not a strong enough reason for keeping the tag...

- robert