commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Are we ready for 1.0.4?
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:17:33 GMT
Quoting robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>:

> On 27 Feb 2004, at 21:18, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
> > What are the plans for upcoming releases of commons-logging?
> >
> > The reason I'm asking is that we would like to start using
> > commons-logging in an applet environment. We plan on using the
> > SimpleLog implementation to minimize the size of the download to the
> > client. The current (1.0.3) release doesn't work in an untrusted
> > applet. There is a patch that fixes this problem already in cvs
> > though.
> >
> > There are currently 8 open bugs for commons-logging in bugzilla. Two
> > of them includes patches by yours truly (25940 and 27124). I think
> > that 4 of the remaining bugs (26802, 25156, 26598, 27135) should also
> > be considered for a 1.0.4 release. However I don't yet feel confident
> > enough with the inner workings of commons-logging to make patches for
> > them.
> >
> > What are your thoughts on making a commons-logging 1.0.4 release?
>
> we'd someone on the jakarta pmc to volunteer to act as the release
> manager.

Even though the PMC requirement is only to approve the release, not to do the
grunt work to create it, I volunteer to RM a commons-logging 1.0.4 release.
I'm a Jakarta PMC member, so that should assuage Robert's concerns :-).

Besides, I haven't done the RM thing on any Apache code recently, so it's time
to start doing that again.  Can someone (Robert) point me at the latest and
greatest process docs?

> - robert

Craig McClanahan