commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [beanutils] [PROPOSAL] create optional package
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:39:25 GMT
Quoting "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>:

> Quoting robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>:
>
> > we've talked before about removing the dependency of beanutils on
> > collections. there are two parts to this, the first is to come up with
> > a solution to the issue of fasthashmap,
>
> I'm going to deal with this one later today, in a manner similar to what I
> did
> for digester (i.e. make a local copy of FastHashMap in commons-beanutils and
> change the import statements).  This code came from Struts 1.0 (along with
> BeanUtils) in the first place.

Grumble grumble ... this is not technically possible without breaking backwards
compatibility on the public APIs.  We should have caught the fact that
PropertyUtils.getMappedDescriptors() returns FastHashMap instead of Map.

Unless someone has bright ideas on how to fix this, I think we're stuck with a
commons-collections dependency.

Craig