commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [beanutils] [PROPOSAL] create optional package
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:03:24 GMT
Quoting robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>:

> we've talked before about removing the dependency of beanutils on
> collections. there are two parts to this, the first is to come up with
> a solution to the issue of fasthashmap,

I'm going to deal with this one later today, in a manner similar to what I did
for digester (i.e. make a local copy of FastHashMap in commons-beanutils and
change the import statements).  This code came from Struts 1.0 (along with
BeanUtils) in the first place.

> the second is what to do about
> BeanPropertyValueChangeClosure, BeanPropertyValueEqualsPredicate and
> BeanToPropertyValueTransformer.
>
> i'd like to propose that we solve the second problem by a home for
> optional classes with non-core dependencies and move these classes into
> it.

+1

> i'd prefer to use a maven-friendly subdirectory called 'optional' with
> commons/beanutils with a complete maven-friendly directory structure.
> for distribution, we create a beanutils-optional.jar but include that
> within the main distribution (in a similar way to ant).

So, this would be beanutils/src/optional to parallel beanutils/src/java?  And
the package name on the classes would stay the same?  If so, +1.

> comments please :)
>
> - robert

Craig