commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] release (was attribute substitution/variable expansion)
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:27:23 GMT
Quoting David Graham <grahamdavid1980@yahoo.com>:

> Any chance the commons-collections usage can be removed for this release?
> This was brought up earlier and seemed to be supported.  The last I checked
> digester made a very minimal use of commons-collections anyways.  Other
> packages using digester don't need collections and it's a rather big
> dependency to carry around in addition to the recent 3.0 incompatible
> changes.

I did indeed decouple commons-digester's direct dependency on collections.

Unless someone has fixed it already (I'm a week behind due to a trip where I
didn't have time to read Apache mail lists), BeanUtils still has a dependency
on commons-collections (for WeakHashMap primarily, IIRC).  It should be
reasonably easy to fix.

> David

Craig McClanahan