commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [digester] release (was attribute substitution/variable expansion)
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:53:06 GMT
On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 10:38, David Graham wrote:
> Any chance the commons-collections usage can be removed for this release?  This was brought
up earlier and seemed to be supported.  The last I checked digester made a very minimal use
of commons-collections anyways.  Other packages using digester don't need collections and
it's a rather big dependency to carry around in addition to the recent 3.0 incompatible changes.

Craig Mcc. committed changes to implement this just a few days ago for
the Digester code itself.

We still depend on BeanUtils, and BeanUtils currently depends on
collections. Unless we wait for BeanUtils to make a new
collections-independent release, we can't completely rid digester of the
collections jar.

Robert, what are the plans for the next BeanUtils release? Should we
delay the next Digester release until then?