commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: maven dependencies (jakarta-commons/configuration build.xml)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:05:48 GMT
On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 09:26, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> To clarify one point, we do have our own repository for apache projects
> which Jason and I worked to setup at this time, we really need to get
> some documentation on it out there ;-)
>
> minotaur.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
> http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
>
> However, it is specifically just for the snapshot and release builds of
> apache projects and not for external dependencies (it is mirrored into
> the ibiblio.org/maven repository from apache). I suspect a discussion
> about exposing external dependencies would not be popular and it
> probably would be concluded that ibiblio is the best place for such
> dependencies.

It should also become standard practice for projects to request their
artifacts be place on ibiblio so it will become a matter of asking a
project to get involved with the automated upload stuff, once it gets
going, in order to get their artifacts to ibiblio. It hasn't been
possibly thus far for practical reasons but hopefully soon any project
will easily be able to get authoritative verions of their artifacts into
ibiblio.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl