commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] comma delimited properties
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:59:26 GMT
To be honest..  I think at some point we may be forced to do this in
PropertiesConfiguration.(post 1.0!):

1) If you want to do this: ldap.someproperty=this,is,a,real,list,of,values
then you do this:
ldap.someproperty=this
ldap.someproperty=is
ldap.someproperty=a
ldap.someproperty=real
ldap.someproperty=list
ldap.someproperty=of
ldap.someproperty=values

2) setPropertyDelimator(";")
ldap.java.naming.provider.url=ldap://server:390/ou=something,o=else,c=here
ldap.someproperty=this;is;a;real;list;of;values

In fact, maybe option 2 isn't so bad?  I mean, eventually you are going to
have to make a decision, are ","'s a delimiter or not..  And why should it
only be "," characters?  Would someone like to send in a patch and unit test
for setStringSplitting and setListDelimiter?

Eric