commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] MultiHashMap.get()
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:30:39 GMT
Yes, this will need a javadoc fix. The null is returned to indicate that
there are no values mapped to this key (as per normal Map API).

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Carman" <>
In the documentation for MultiHashMap, it claims "Getting a value will
always return a Collection, holding all the values put to that key."
However, the following code fails...

final MultiHashMap map = new MultiHashMap();

assertNotNull( map.get( "Hello" ) );

>From the documentation, I would think that the get() method should return an
EMPTY (and probably unmodifiable) collection, not a null reference.  Am I
misinterpreting it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message