commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [Daemon] Update tomcat.sh for TC 5?
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:30:43 GMT

"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote in message
news:NBBBJGEAGJAKLIDBKJOPAENEGFAB.noel@devtech.com...
> > is it time to update the script to work with Tomcat 5
> > (and change the docs to say how to modify it for
> > Tomcat 4.1.x)?
>
> What is the nature of the change?  Does it make sense to copy the current
> one to tomcat4.sh, and then make the modifications for TC5?  Or I suppose
> you could just tag the current one, so that someone could pull it from
CVS.

The changes are pretty minor.  Mostly the startup class has changed from
'BootstrapService' to 'Bootstrap'.  Also adding commons-logging-api.jar to
the boot classpath.

I have no objection to adding a 'tomcat4.sh' file.  However, jsvc has never
shipped-with TC 4, so it likely has a smaller user-base.  But I like the
suggestion :).