commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Jakarta Commons moving to JIRA
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:01:35 GMT
> The main apache projects that are going to use JIRA at apache
> appear to be: AltRMI, Jelly, Geronimo, Phoenix.

Those are actually the ones that were ALREADY using Jira.  A lot of projects
are going to be moving, including Directory, Depot, jUDDI, infrastructure,
James (so we expect), etc.

The question here is what to do about Jakarta Commons.  Several people have
expressed a strong desire for the components they work on to migrate to
Jira.  A few people have indicated a philosophical disinclination to use
Jira.

We'll have enough to do helping projects that want to migrate to worry for
now about the ones that don't, so I don't know why anyone is feeling
pressured to use it.

	--- Noel