commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: Next Steps - WAS Re: [net] VMSFTPEntryParser bug?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:18:00 GMT

I believe it just produces 1.1 compatible class files.  Maven just
passes the setting to the ant task, which passes it to javac.  Since
the HashMap class is is not present under 1.1 I guess we'd just get a
ClassNotFoundException.

I believe that should be all we need, we shouldn't need to *compile*
with the javac from 1.1, we just need to use classes that are present
with 1.1 and produce 1.1 compatible classes ( byte codes ).