commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: [net][vote]Steve Cohen to manage release of v1.2.0 of
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:50:17 GMT
>>>>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:25:08 -0600, Steve Cohen <>
> Okay.  I will work on the 1.1.1 release.  That should be a fairly
> simple one for me to "practice" on - it will be my first.

> The one I'm really interested in is 1.2.0.  I don't think it makes
> any sense to release 1.2.0 without my latest changes, because as you
> said earlier, we'd be adding a lot of new junk that will then have
> to be deprecated later.  The latest stuff is much cleaner and should
> get us out of the deprecation business for awhile.  So, I'd say, I'd
> rather wait until Daniel and Jeff can take a look at it, and then
> I'd like to do a release of 1.2.0 with that included.

> An additional issue is whether or not to include Rory Winston's NNTP
> patches in 1.2.0.  I am +0 on that, having no way to evaluate that
> one.  Do we have tests for it?  I will defer to you guys on this
> one.  If, after we're ready to commit the rest of 1.2.0, we can
> include that too, or not, as you decide.

> Fair enough?

Fair enough.  I'll dig in asap.  I say wait on the NNTP patches until
after 1.2.0 since we all seem busy atm and should just focus on the
current changes.  Rory's patch and bugs are first order business after

Jeffrey D. Brekke                         
Wisconsin,  USA                           

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message