commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: Next Steps - WAS Re: [net] VMSFTPEntryParser bug?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:06:35 GMT
said:

> Seems to me the HashMap ---> Hashtable change could be made against
> HEAD.  It's only NECESSARY for 1.1 compatibility but it poses no
> great problem for a 1.2 compatible version; it isn't as if this
> would impact some functionality deep in the core of the product.  So
> after this is done, a NET_1_1_1 tag could be created and that could
> be the final of this branch.

This sounds like a good idea.  Make the 1.1 compatibility on HEAD,
tag, and if need be branch from that tag point for 1.1 fixes.

> On the other hand, if there are other 1.1 incompatibilities we may
> want to fix those too, and then this might get a little
> problematical.  Hey, Jeffrey, do you know if there's an easy way to
> make Maven do a JDK 1.1 compile?  Or would it be easier to just
> tinker with the generated ant script?

Maven uses the following property: maven.compiler.target which
defaults to 1.1 so what I last released generated 1.1 compatible class
files.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/java/properties.html

Example:
maven -Dmaven.compiler.target=1.2 clean jar